Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Running and Real Life

Okay let's face it, if you are reading this most likely you are similar to me and you just love running.  So much in fact it is about all you talk about, you are always thinking about workout is next, or what you are going to do differently on next race...lets face it running is life lol, but sometimes we have to step back and realize what is going on in the rest of the world and see if there are other things we need to pay attention to.

I personally try to race every other weekend, always try to run everyday, and every once in a while try to slide in a 2 a day.  Sometimes all these plans are not possible, training usually is the most accurate, but recently mine has fallen off a bit.  Reasons are: the kids have doctor appointments, school orientation, maybe they just want to do something with me randomly, work asking me to work more, I mean the list is endless honestly.  Some I pick to do, some I say well I have to get my training in, or I just decide not to sleep, which is helpful since I do plan on doing a 100 mile race soon. 

On to races, I miss a lot of races I plan on doing, I mean a lot.  Reasons being: lack of sleep and probably the biggest one, decide to take the kids to a race or event, kids or wife need something and it is a better place to spend the money, bills, pretty much anything that money is better spent elsewhere. 

Sometimes real life throws us a curve ball and if we are able to handle our addiction we handle it right, if not, we realize a utility may be in danger of being turned off or experience the burning death eyes from our spouse from our spouse, which is usually the indicator for me I should have spent the money elsewhere.  She is fully supportive of my running but sometimes I get carried away with racing and she lets me know about it lol. 

Just remember, there is life off of the trail.

Training for this week:

Monday - easy run (1.5 hours for me)

Tuesday - mile repeats (trying for 4 this week at my recommended pace, if you don't know yours try out the calculator at the bottom of the blog)

Wednesday - easy run

Thursday - 5,4,3,2,1 (just google it if you don't know what this is, it is explained much better out there than I can)

Friday - easy run

Saturday - 15k trail race (hopefully)

Sunday - 10 mile run

Sorry no cool pics to entertain you but I am having to do this post and some future posts from my phone, and for some reason it does not like the pic option.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Running Calculator